Torrent Buddy for Windows Phone 7
Some features -
- Ability to Start, Stop, Pause, Delete torrents.
- View torrent details in a pretty list as well as drill down to get more details (like trackers and filelist).
- Manage multiple utorrent installation from single app.
- Ability to add your favorite sites and rss feeds.
- Add torrents from your favorite site and rss feeds.
- Support for sites/feeds requiring authentication (using cookies).
- and many other features.
This is first release and if there is enough feedback, I will add more features. Let me know what you want and how is it working for you.
The Trial version will support everything except adding new torrents.
Note – Torrent Buddy is now available for windows 8 – http://ashterisk.wordpress.com/torrent-buddy-for-windows-8/
Update – Version 1.0 is live on market place – http://social.zune.net/redirect?type=phoneApp&id=4eb742c4-38f5-df11-9264-00237de2db9e
In order to use Torrent Buddy, you need to enable WebUI in uTorrent. Following shows step by step direction on doing this.
1. In uTorrent, click on Options -> Preferences (ctrl + P) to open preferences windows
2. Click on WebUI on the left side list.
3. Make sure to select “Enable Web UI” option and provide a username/password (this is what you would be required to enter in TorretnBuddy)
4. Also, not the IP address of the machine where uTorrent is running. If you are connecting from local network, it would be the internal IP. If you are trying to connect from external network, you will have to specify the external IP and forward the port specified above in your router.
5. Launch Torrent Buddy and select the “connections” options from the bottom options.
6. click on “+” (add) option to add new connection
7. You can enter a friendly name. Rest of the settings are based on your above information.
7.1 servername – ipaddress or DNS name (internal or external based on #4):port you sepecified in utorrent webui settings (for ex – 192.168.1.5:8080). Remember, this is based on your IP and port. The format is important as well.
7.2 Username – the username you specified in uTorrent WebUI settings.
7.3 Password – the password you specified in uTorrent WebUI settings.
7.4 leave default 5 secs refresh interval.
8. Click save and select the new connection.
That’s it. If everything is fine, you should see message saying “connection verified”.