Messenger (by ashterisk) – for windows phone 7
Now with Push Notifications (using PC companion app) – https://ashterisk.wordpress.com/messenger-setup
Messenger (by ashterisk) is a client for yahoo messenger service. With Messenger (by ashterisk), you can now communicate with your friends and family in real time with nice SMS style conversation view. Messenger (by ashterisk) will alert you on new messages as well and notify you of new emails.
• View contacts by groups
• View online only contacts
• SMS style conversation view
• Conversation and history view
• add/delete contact
• accept buddy request
• Notifications when messenger is not running.
New in v2.0 –
1. Support for push notification (require PC companion app to be installed)
2. Better authentication support and support for CAPTCHA verification.
3. Bug fixes for lost messages.
4. Contact names display.
5. Better UX and layout. (New toast notification style while in app).
6. Support for vibrate on new messages.
7. Bug fix –declining friend request used to fail.
8. And more other small changes.
Note – Messenger (by ashterisk) is not affiliated by Yahoo and requires an account which can be created @ http://messenger.yahoo.com
Trial mode supports IM functionality with ads. Push notifications are only supported in paid version.