Messenge (by ashterisk) v2.0 – PC companion setup
Messenger (by ashterisk) PC Companion setup
- Download PC companion software from – http://ashterisk.com/messenger/files/messengercompanion.zip
- Extract the content of the zip file on your local machine.
- From the extracted content, launch “Messenger.Companion.exe”
- Enter your yahoo username and password and click on “Login”
- Once authenticated, the application will start listening for pairing request from
phone. The application opens a port to receive request from your phone. If you
see a confirmation from windows, please allow it.
- Take a note of IP address and port information. You will need to enter these in
phone application setup.
Phone application setup –
- Purchase Messenger (by ashterisk) v2.0 from marketplace – http://social.zune.net/External/LaunchZuneProtocol.aspx?pathuri=navigate%3FphoneAppID%3D5e832a0d-5115-e011-9264-00237de2db9e
- Make sure your phone is connected to local wifi and not using cell -data (When using wi-fi, the phone will get internal IP and it will be able to see the PC. When using Cell data, it will not be able to communicate to your internal home computer).
- Login using the same yahoo userid/password as used on PC application. Make sure to select remember password and auto-login ( reuse your session and autologin). This is must for toast-notification to work.
- Click on application bar and select settings.
- Enable “push notification” and enter ip address and port from step # 6.
- Click on “Start Pairing” and if everything goes well, you should receive a toast notification
Please note –
- Yahoo allows only one login session per user. After pairing, if you login on any
other machine (PC or other client), you will logoff from your phone.
- Once you logoff from your phone (either manually or because you login at other
location), you will have to re-pair your phone with PC companion application.
- You can run PC companion application on multiple machines and can pair with any instance.
- If you exit the phone application without explicitly logoff (by pressing home
button or back button), you will remain login and continue to receive notifications.
- For any problem or question, send emails to – email@example.com